Residential respite care gives the primary carer of a person with an illness or disability a break. This can be for a short time or for as long as several weeks.
At Bay Tree Court Care Home, based in Cheltenham, we offer a comfortable and safe room with trained staff to provide care day and night.
How far in advance do I need to book?
If the outcome of the assessment is positive, arrangements can be made for admission quite swiftly, depending on the availability of rooms.
How long can respite care last?
This can be a one-off arrangement or a regular stay at Bay Tree Court Care Home for a week or longer.
On occasions, it may be possible to book a stay with us for specific dates. Your usual GP surgery might be able to continue to provide their service to you or, if that is not possible, we would register you with our local surgery for the duration of your stay. It is important that if you come to live at Bay Tree Court Care Home for a short period, you do arrive with sufficient medication to last for the entire length of your stay.
Respite services and care facilities included in the price
Whilst living at Bay Tree Court you have access to the same facilities as our permanent residents*. These include:
- Care will be delivered in accordance with the care plan agreed with you.
- Staff can help you have your meals, take medications on schedule, dress, bathe, and exercise in classes or outdoors.
- Two restaurants, conservatory, several lounges of varying sizes
- Fully equipped hairdressing salon
- The home benefits from a private dining area for special family events
- Fully assisted bathrooms and wheelchair accessibility throughout
- Landscaped gardens and an enclosed courtyard
- Dedicated visitor parking spaces
- Close to High Street shops
- Near public transport
Respite Care Costs
Respite services are charged by the number of days that services are provided. You are responsible for all costs.
*Please note that during the on-going coronavirus pandemic, any residents admitted at this time are required to remain in their rooms for two weeks. Therefore, you would not be able to use the communal facilities.
Spacious purpose built en-suite rooms with wifi and a television point
Our home offers various ways to fund your care.
We are here to help you make the right decisions about your care.
If you are considering care for yourself or a loved one, get in touch.